Monday, November 29, 2010

Reason: "Slipped on Pork"

So I had a fun-filled night of work last Friday.  It was Black Friday so I should of known that weird shit would happen to me.  I was closing and we were decently busy for a while.  But we went off of a wait at 7:30pm which is horrible.  YAY TRH.  I was walking by my two 6 tops, making sure everything was ok.  Then all of the sudden, I slip and fall on my ass/back/head.  My left knee (the bad one) went backwards while my other one went straight (think splits but awkward).  Here is a sketch of the aftermath:



As you can see, the fall is quite frightening.  At first, the guests seated to my left (my guests) thought I was doing some form of entertainment (since we line dance at TRH).  However, I quickly reassured them by my pain and confusion that it was no show.  A fellow co-worker said "Are you all right?" and helped me up.  I honestly don't think I could of gotten up without her help.  I got up to find what I slipped on.  It was a tiny piece of our pulled pork.  I was even wearing my non-slip shoes.  Non-slip my ass.  They are no match for pork.

Later that night, ironically the same co-worker who helped me up from my fall, decided to get into a little spat with me.  She had come up to me and told me that she was taking away one of my tables because her boyfriends family was sitting there after I had taken there drink/appetizer orders.  I was confused why they didn't sit in her section but apparently she had no tables available.  I was annoyed because that meant less tables for me.  I said 'fine' and walked off.  I realized that she needed a Sprite and a water so I went to find her.  She was at the host stand talking to a manager.  I told her what she needed and she retorted by telling me that I was taking them because I had given her attitude about it.  I responded by telling her that the attitude was in reference to the host stand taking one of my tables/money away from me and not to her personally.  However, she did not believe me and decided to have a fit instead.  I did not like being talked to in that matter so I got a little ghetto...  My right hand found its way up in the air in epic ghetto fashion.  All I needed was hoop earrings, a doo-rag and corn rolls to match.  The matter got blown up to a excessive and unneeded level because of her tyrant.   I ended up taking the table even though she was talking shit but what was I to do?  They needed a server.  I tried to be the bigger person even though it was soooo hard to do.  I even apologized at the end of the night for her taking my 'attitude' the wrong way.  I hope it ends there but in classic restaurantology, it probably will be dragged out for no reason.  Oh well, maybe I'll hit the streets of Philly to extend my ghetto flavor.  Gotta be more street to wait tables at TRH.


"Only after disaster can we be resurrected."
-Tyler Durden played by Brad Pitt in Fight Club

No comments:

Post a Comment