Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weather Change, Friends n Marriage

The weather here has changed which means Fall is here!  The leaves are changing which is gorgeous.  Also the temperature has dropped which is really great in aiding in my hot flashes.  They seem less severe.

The first cold day was last Tuesday.  That day I got to see one of my old friends Eli.  He and a friend were driving from Richmond up the eastern roads through Baltimore, Philly, NYC then to Eli's home in New Hampshire.  They were nice enough to stop in Philly to have lunch so I could meet up with them.  It was really nice seeing an old friend.  You know things are good when you talk like no time has passed.

After a brief lunch at Tony Luke's which is downtown, Eli & company hit the road in there rented Impala.  Bawlin'.

And a very special shout out to two wonderful best friends that got engaged recently!!  I am so happy for you both!!  YAY MARRIAGE!!!  Please don't make me wear orange or yellow.




"Anything?  Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused.  I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy.  I don't feel different.  I mean, take yesterday for example.  We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely.  And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be.  Her panties.  Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants.  But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong.  Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about.  You know, and uh, and I started feeling.... what?  What I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?"
-Frank Ricard played by Will Ferrell in Old School

No comments:

Post a Comment