Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shayla's Philadelphia Trip, Day 2

Of course we slept in.  However, I was super tired and probably slept in too much.  I ended up arising around 1PM.  We got ready and discussed what we wanted to do for the day.  We decided on starting at Valley Forge.  I have not been yet and really wanted to go.  Shayla was nice enough to partake in my enthusiasm.  We made our way to Valley Forge which is located in a town called King of Prussia.  It houses the largest mall in the world according to store count.  We decided to eat at TGI Friday's because I figured they would have something low calorie that I could eat and still be good with the diet.  There was a wait but I noticed the bar had seats so we headed that way.  We got carded for ordering waters, I hate when that happens.  After receiving our food, Shayla turned to me and said, "I feel like we have switched roles".  I was eating healthy and Shayla was eating something fatty and wonderful.  Hopefully I can keep this diet up!  Then I'll be as skinny as Shayla!  YAY!  Without having to run the 15 miles a day.

After our late lunch, we headed to the Valley Forge Historical Park.  We parked our car and headed for the visitor's center where I saw this:
Look!  I'm George Washington!

We walked around the path for the rest of the day.  We visited the barrack's they built, buildings, and all the various statues.  We came upon these sexy bastards pretty early in the trek:


Anyone else turned on?  No?  Just me?  Nothing like re-enacting non-battles to get a girl's engines going.  Who talks like this?  Me.

Here is an example of where they slept.  Do I want to sleep there? No.
But if I had the choice of laying on some wood or freezing to death.  
Wood wins.

Gorgeous Memorial Arch

It is absolutely beautiful here since the leaves are starting to change.  Valley Forge was quite a site.  I am obsessed with historical parks because they can never change.  Here are a few pics from our journey:



Washington Memorial Chapel
Breathtaking, us Episcopal's know how to do it.


After our wonderful trip to Valley Forge, the sunset sealed our day.  We traveled back to Glenside to get that movie to return.  Then we traveled to Bensalem to visit Katy Anne at Texas Roadhouse.  I cheated and had some rolls because I was getting a migraine.  Well 1 roll turned into like 6.  With the honey cinnamon butter.  Those are definitely not on the diet.  Dinner was great but I had to get Shayla back to the house so she could get some sleep.  We were leaving for the airport at 3:30AM so Shayla could make her flight at 5:30am.  She was going to arrive in Houston at 8am and then she was going straight to work.  Yes, she is a crazy person.

I couldn't sleep of course so I just stayed up.  We got up at 3:15am and got ready by putting on pants and heading out the door.  No traffic and we made it to the airport in plenty of time.  I dropped Shayla off and began the water works.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing best friend.  I would do anything for her.  We have so many wonderful memories together.  I am so thankful to have her.  And on that note, here is a quote from our favorite comedy.  Next to Out Cold, the funniest comedy on record.


"I chose Mount Rushmore.  'Cause to live in a country where you can take an ugly old mountain and put faces on it, faces of great Americans who did so much to make our country super great.  Well, that makes me Rebecca Leeman, proud to be an American."
-Rebecca Leeman played by Denise Richards in Drop Dead Gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment