Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Philadelphia

Friday Katy Anne had to work so Bari, Kellen & I did some excursions on our own.  We headed to downtown Philadelphia because they wanted to take me to the dog park to scare me.  However, I ended up getting really lost and we never found our way back to where we had been the day before.  However, we still ended up in really cool part of downtown Philly.  We did a lot of shopping around and ate at this amazing Italian place.



Yup, this side of this abandoned building says: 'Forever Boner'.  The other side was funnier but we were in such shock that we didn't get a chance to take a picture.  The other side said: '4ever Boner'.  
Funny to most.  HILARIOUS to us.

We later got some ice cream and I realized that for the last couple days Bari had been placing her receipts in a pocket of my purse.  She is such a sneaky trinket.  We decided to hit up the bar circuit and scope out some potential jobs for me.  We ended up deciding to hit up the Fox & Hound in downtown Philly to see how it was because I knew I could easily get a job there since I had worked there before.  We got there later in the night and it was dead.  On a Friday night.  However it was really large and had screens everywhere.  There was also a tv in the bathroom which 'had me at hello' if you will.  Katy Anne got off work and we decided to head back to the house.  We played rummicub for a bit then hit the sack.

We got up the next morning and took Kellen to the airport.  After that we headed downtown to the Old City & Historical District.  We went to see the Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall.




We ate at Market Center and later went Betsy Ross' house.  We also went to the oldest street in Philadelphia which is Elfreth's Alley.  We then went to a bar in Old City that had a million different beers.  We went back to the house where Katy & Bari made me watch The Bachelorette.  I tried to not slit my wrists.

The next day we took Bari to the airport.  My last friend was leaving me and I cried for the third time dropping a friend off at the airport.  I am so thankful to have amazing friends that would do anything for me and I, for them.  I love you all so much!




"I say we make a pact.  Here and now.  We're here for each other, always, no matter what happens in life.  If Teeny goes off to Hollywood or I marry a rich doctor, we remember this day and this pact.  Whenever we need a friend, we're here for each other.  We can count on it.  Always.  No matter what."
-Chrissy played by Ashleigh Aston Moore from Now & Then

No comments:

Post a Comment