Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chili's & Drama

Monday, December 20

Sunday night my ole Chili's friends Darrelyn & Eric made plans to meet for lunch on Monday.  We decided on Gloria's which is off of West 7th Street in Fort Worth.  So I got ready and hoped in the Buick, headed to Fort Worth.  I drove up and down 7th a few times not seeing the restaurant.  However, I did see  a Chuy's (it's new) and got really distracted.  I almost wanted to go inside and just not tell Darrelyn or Eric so I could focus on eating.  I fucking love that place.

With some guidance from Darrelyn, I found Gloria's.  I ran at Darrelyn when I saw her and tried not to tackle her.  Darrelyn is my outspoken, country friend and I love every single thing about her.  She gives me great advice and I know I can always count on her for ANYTHING!  How many friends can you say that about?  Well, I have a few and am so thankful for them.


We walked in to find Eric at the bar.  It was drinking time.  We spent the next couple hours catching up and drinking.  Oh ya, we had lunch too.  Carlos attempted to take care of us but that was hard when we were very distracted with each others conversation but also were distracted when our drinks would be empty with no Carlos in sight.  After drinks, we decided to head to our native Chili's and cause destruction.  

I made it to Chili's and met up with some of my old co-workers.  My Chili's friend Michaela and her husband Chad met us up there.  After a few drinks, Eric left Darrelyn and I to more destruction.  We headed to Euless to a bar called 'Chill' that was nearby her house.  'Chill' was just that.  Boring.  So after one beer, we called it a night.  I tried to spend the night with Darrelyn but I couldn't sleep.  Insomniac to the core.  So I headed back to Dallas to spend the night at my sisters.  Interesting night.

Tuesday, December 21

I woke up early to go meet Kim to pick up my camera.  I met her at the Starbucks by the SMU campus. I was there early and sat in the Buick waiting on her.  She arrived and called me asking where I was.  I told her that I was sitting in my grandmother's Buick and that it was really embarrassing.  She replied with, "Oh, I'm right next to you!"  I look over and this drop dead gorgeous girl gets out of her Lexus.  Hi Lexus, meet Buick.  She was also dressed really cute for work while I had one my jeans and t-shirt with no make-up.  She was super sweet and I insisted on buying her coffee.  I told her how big of a train wreck I was and thanks so much for meeting me.  She couldn't of been nicer, I am so thankful that she picked up my camera and called the bar.  I thanked her 1000 times.  I was probably an annoying shit show.  We departed Starbucks in our respected vehicles.  I went back to my sisters to prepare for the day.

Today was supposed to be filled with walkers and cake.  It was my grandmother's 99th birthday.  That's right kids.  99.  We were having a family get together at my mother's house in Fort Worth to celebrate.  Hicks and cake. I'm there.  I'm sleeping the morning away since I did not get much sleep the night before.  My mother called me and left a message.  I listened to it when I woke up and it was my mother in a panic.  Apparently Grand had fell and they were on there way to the emergency room.  I felt terrible that I had missed her call.  I called her back immediately to get the details.  Mom was at the hospital and Grand had not broken her hip.  Great news to me!  However, she was still in a lot of pain so they were going to do more tests.  Turns out, my grandmother was trying to take off her house shoes standing up. Cause she thinks she is a 99 year old Olympian.  This is coming from a woman who refuses to use a walker because it makes her look old.  Later that day, we found out that she had fractured her pelvic bone when she fell.  So they sent her to a rehabilitation part of the hospital.  Not Lindsay Lohan rehab but old people rehab.

So the dinner shennangians were off.  I was already headed to Fort Worth so I went to my mothers house to riffle through some of my old stuff.  Darrelyn and I decided to go to Boston's because it was $2 you call it night.  $2 make you holllllaaaaaa.  I was sitting in the garage looking through old pictures when my cousin and her family rolled up.  They were picking up some of my grandmother's stuff and headed over to the rehab facility.  Darrelyn arrived not to long after.  My cousin informed me that during the initial panic, my mother called her and asked her what to do.  My cousin told her to call an ambulance and my mother asked how to do that.  My cousin replied, "911."  I am beginning to understand where I get my anxious retardation from...

After I had finished going through my stuff, Darrelyn and I headed to Boston's.  We sat at a table in the bar and it wasn't too busy when we arrived.  We ordered pizza and beer.  Classy ladies.

  
After a while, the bar began to really pack up.  With weirdos.  There were two different types of people in the bar.  The older people who dressed awkwardly and drank way too much.  And then the kids who did not look like they were 21 and wearing outfits that they had bought off of the Emo channel.  

Here is an example of one douchebag who looked like he was in his late 30s, wearing a puka shell necklace, Affliction shirt and blonde tips in his spikey hair.  Yuck.
Picture #1

Picture #2

I'm almost positive he had some form of awful facial hair and one earring to match.  Double gross.  In between these two pictures, he noticed that I was taking pictures so he posed like a tard.  I pretended not to notice him like I was really texting or something and he got really awkward and looked away.  Haha, I win!  You're officially an idiot.  Go hit on a 19 year old.

The bar got jam packed and miserable.  Our server disappeared for 30 minutes at a time.  I knew she was really busy but still.  It blew.  Darrelyn took me back to my mother's where I spent the night.  Even though it was a super busy night filled with gay guys in puka shell necklaces and Emo gangs, it was nice spending time with Darrelyn.  Made me realize how much I missed that crazy country hoe.


"Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up.  If a guy punches you he likes you.  Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending.  Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule.  But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs.  How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave.  And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe...it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future.  Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on.  Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope."
-Gigi Phillips played by Ginnifer Goodwin in He's Just Not That Into You

No comments:

Post a Comment