Thursday, September 2, 2010

Workin n Golfin

Well things are just coming along!  Work at the Fox is slowly picking up which is good.  A fellow co-worker's boyfriend works a few streets down in what is known as the 'gayborhood'.  He makes tons of money working for short periods of time (he's a bartender - no dancing in banana hammocks).  I giggled at the term gayborhood but actually stumbled upon the area a few days ago.  She was not exaggerating.  There are murals everywhere of gay couples.  Which I say yay!  I just think it's funny that the area is actually covered in all things gay.  I mean, why not just get a banner that says: GAY.  I like to get to the point of things.  If women servers made tons of money in that area, I would totally put on my tool belt, cut my hair short and apply at the lesbian bar.  You do what you gotta do for money.  Except I'm not willing to take off my clothes.

Well, not yet.

Another fellow co-worker told me a funny story that happened to her cousin.  The story centers around a person's name.  Now we have all come across our fare share of 'WTF-is-their-name?' moments.  Like Jason Lee's son is named Pilot Inspector.  Shannyn Sossamon's daughter is Audio Science.  Big Boi's son - Bamboo.  Or the classic - Jermaine Jackson's son: Jermajesty.  But this one I recently came across is a top contender.

The cousin is a midwife and was helping this woman give birth.  She glanced at the birth certificate and saw the name 'Le-ah'.  She told the mother, "Leah!  What a great name!"  And the mother immediately got angry and responded with, "It's pronounced Ledashah!"  Suffice to say that things were awkward from then on.  On top of them already pushing a baby out of a vagina.  I'm sketchy on how that all works still.

Last week, Katy had a day off work (which is rare in her case) and she wanted to go golfing.  Yup, golfing.  We'll let me re-phrase.  She wanted Jonathan & one of her co-workers to go golfing, and for her and I to drink and drive golf carts.  So Jonathan and I arranged to be off work as well to go on this adventure.  We got up at 7AM, got ready and headed to the golf course for our tee time at 8:15AM.  I was feeling a little under the weather but tried to get it together.  It was go time.



This was the first time I had met this certain co-worker of Katy's.  And for most of you that know me out there, if you will recall the first time you met me.  Now remember how scared and confused you were?  Well, this poor guy had to ride in a golf cart with me.  All morning.  Listening to my retarded comments that made no sense as I off-roaded around the course trying not to kill us.  I was extremely nervoussssssssssssss because the bridges would look so small and the golf cart so big...  He turned and just stared at me a lot with a blank faces.  Oh well, nice meeting ya.

They looked so dapper out there...  They lasted a few holes before they started to drink with us.


Katy and I hit a couple of balls.  I was not successful at all.  Think Charles Barkley playing golf.


Katy was so helpful. I stayed in the cart.  In the shade.  
Most of you know how I do outdoors.  Third-degree burns for this albino.


This is Katy's "golfing hat".  It was really just a flat cap with a tartan and the symbol 'Guinness' on it. 
She probably got for free at some bar somewhere.  
My facial expresses how I feel about it.  In case you were confused.

We ended our eighteen holes with many empty Tecates and Jonathan winning by one stroke.  It was a ton of fun!  We got home and jumped in the neighbors pool.  Yes, we asked.  Then watched Sixteen Candles (one of my favs!) as we feel asleep for a nap.   Later we got up and went to see The Other Guys at the movie theater.  We smuggled in our candies and drinks because lets face it - thats the ONLY way to go.  Piece of shit movie theaters trying to steal our money.  NOT TODAY.  The Other Guys was ok only because I am obsessed with Will Ferrell.  I expected a more prepared screenplay from Will & Adam McKay.  Especially since I think Mark Wahlberg has a lot of comedy potential.  Well, only when he talks to animals.  Say hi to your mother for me, ok?

Also, was not a big fan of the New York City street scenes (which was a majority of the movie) because they didn't even bother getting extras most of the time.  Instead, people on the streets would just pass by Will & Mark staring and taking photos.  Bizarre.  They should not have made The Other Guys and should have instead had all that money go to finally making Anchorman 2.  Whatever, I don't make the decisions.  But I should.


"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?"
-Happy Gilmore played by Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore

No comments:

Post a Comment